Google wallet carries banking information, sales and coupons. Online:
Google wallet is excepted by many online retail stores such as Armani Exchange, Buy.com, Tiger Direct.com and Shoebuy.com. This payment option is making online shopping easier than ever. Your credit card information is stored in the cloud. When you make a purchase you click buy and sign into your account and then you are done! The google wallet also offers security by using a password to log in.
Instore:
Pay, redeem offers, and earn loyalty credit—all with a single tap of your mobile phone. Local companies that offer this convience while shopping include American Eagle, Champs, GAP, Macy's, Old Navy and ToysRus. Chevron and Subway will be accepting Google wallet in the near future.
Near field communication(NFC) is the technology used with paypasses and google wallet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsaJMhcLm_A is a video link showing all the things android phones have already replaced so why not your wallet! This video also shows how you can use the Google wallet in stores.
What are your thoughts? Would you use Google wallet?
Sources:
http://www.google.com/wallet/what-is-google-wallet.html
www.youtube.com
They are very smart because now they know what we are buying offline! @@
ReplyDeleteBut again, I am concerning about the security problem. What if I lose my phone? People have high technology skills may hack in and steal all your bank information. Anyways you did a good post!
There is a transition from using traditional wallet to Google Wallet, however there has been a lot of backlash saying there is weak encryption
ReplyDeleteGoogle really needs to sort this out before moving forward
I agree with both of you, I wouldn't use Google wallet until I've heard positive feedback through blogs as well as friends. Google needs to work out some kinks but I think this could be the future.
ReplyDeleteI agree with all of you. Security could be the big problem if using Google wallet.
ReplyDeleteAlex, did you hear about the virtual grocery stores that Korea has? Your post reminded me about that and how we can buy things with a click of a button or even running the phone by, like a scanner! Amazing.
ReplyDeleteno I haven't but I will research it. Thanks!
ReplyDelete